This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
Orbital Calculator v2.x Release Notes
This lists the important notes on each new release, explaining what has changed and what's new.
See thepage to download Orbital Calculator for various platforms. A full description of the product is available on the .
- Added ability to calculate Schwartzschild and Photon Sphere radii based on mass
- Added ability to calculate Synodic Period of two orbiting objects based on orbital distances and mass of central body
- Added ability to calculate Synodic Period of two orbiting objects based on their orbital periods
- Added ability to calculate Hohmann transfer orbits
- Added ability to calculate distance between two stars based on stellar coordinates
- increased precision and reliability of calculations in two-body orbits
- fixed an error in the Satellite Footprint from Altitude computations
- Added Visibility Over Horizon to the Other menu, to determine the greatest distance at which an object is visible after taking into consideration the curvature of the planet, the elevation of the object and the height of the observer.
- Updated help files to reflect the above changes
blog/articles/software/obitcalc_release_notes.1587040266.txt.gz · Last modified: 2020/04/16 13:31 by Phil Ide